Aad Geordie climbing aboard again

New members are required to post here introducing themselves prior to being granted access to the rest of the forum.
Aad Geordie

Aad Geordie climbing aboard again

Post by Aad Geordie »

Hi all, this is Geoff, AKA “Aad Geordie”.
Late of UCC then, UDC 1.0 after that.

For those who haven’t met me yet, I’m a well matured, perfectly aged and (surprisingly) functional example of a British Import ;) I moved to Utah from the far north-east of England in 1991. Moved to Arizona last year (but it’s not for me—I’ll be back!)

I was a very late-starter with firearms, buying my first handgun and attending my first training class in 2013. I love training classes and have been to about 30 or so since then although I still consider myself to be somewhat of a neophyte (just ask Mark Oyler or Brant Taylor ;) )

Several board members here (or at least before the 1.0 crash) have been of personal assistance to me in my journey—Mark and Brant (mentioned above), Snurd, Dave DeWitt, JFWright, Sam Fidler. Plus several others who’ve been great examples and good colleagues in classes over the past few years (Gonzalo, Bill Roach, D-Finn, MichaelD, Adam, just to name a few—I hope you all make it back onto here!).
I think I get the most enjoyment out of shooting rifles (although everything is fun :D ). I’d love to get into longer-range rifle shooting. A friend kindly invited me to go out to one of his spots in the west desert and we shot out to about 800 yds but that’s the only opportunity I’ve had so far.

I consider this Board to be an invaluable resource. All the people I’ve seen on here, communicated with directly or, in many cases, actually met, have been thoroughly good folks. I know it’s not the biggest or most active Board of its type but the quality of the people make up for that many times over. I don’t post a lot because I don’t consider that I have any great expertise to speak of, so it’s mostly just smart-arse comments to keep the likes of Snurd in line ;) I will endeavor to do better though (at the posting, not the keeping of Snurd in line—have obviously miserably failed at that!). Any time I come across someone who has even a mild interest in firearms, I always tell them to check out this forum.

I do hope that we can all support Gravedancer, Snurd and any other folks involved in the rebuild of UDC 2.0. Losing this forum would be like losing an election!

Let’s hear from all you old guys again, plus anyone new who happens upon us (welcome, in advance! :) )

Cheers,
Geoff.